Tuesday 5 November 2013

Sleepless in Seattle (North Wald)

A Beautiful Sunset over the Oyce at North Wald on Orkney

To Sleep.....please.


It was one of those nights last night. 

No matter which way I lay, left side, right side, arms in, arm out, leg in, leg out, sleep would not come. As I lay there contemplating the meaning of life, the eternal soul , and what you could possibly do with all the fluff from the tumble drier filter if you saved it up for a year, it dawned on me that had I possessed a smart phone, an ipad, a Hudl, a megaphone, or even jungle drums, and if, for some strange reason, they had been to hand right then I could have let the world know of the unfairness of my predicament at such a late hour.

The most infuriating thing about not being able to sleep is when your nearest and dearest is snoring away by your side, oblivious to your situation. Even Sadie was snoring. It was not one of those rolling, thundering, deafening snores that made you wish you had earplugs, but just a gentle “I am fast asleep” type of snore. I was so jealous and so annoyed by it. Now I know I snore, it’s a family tradition.  I am sure that I have annoyed Hubby with my snoring on many occasions, however, last night I would have given anything to have been snoring my head off.


I lay there and attempted to empty my head and relax, all to no avail. So many thoughts kept popping in to keep me company. I finally decided that if I was still awake in fifteen minutes then I would get up, make a cup of hot chocolate, relax and sip it slowly, while wrapped up in a fluffy dressing gown sitting  in front of the fire…... Ok five more minutes and I am getting up……. I have had enough of this now and I am definitely getting up…… Soon. …… Zzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment