Sunday 3 November 2013

New Beginnings


Where do I start?


This is my first official blog although I have been doing a blog of sorts on Facebook for over a year and a half now.
I want to tell you about all aspects of my life on North Wald. The good the bad and the ugly.
First some short details about who we are and what we do.
My name is Mary Park and in my previous life I was an IT professional. I moved to Orkney with my husband, Frank, three years ago and I am loving every minute of it. We live at North Wald, a seven acre small holding on mainland Orkney, about half way between Kirkwall and Stromess, the two largest towns. I am biased but it is such a beautiful location. I can honestly say that I am never bored. There is always so much to do. The garden occupies a large amount of my time and provides us, and sometimes our guests ,with a large amount of fresh vegetables. We have a number of chickens and ducks ,which provide eggs and meat, and also a great deal of comic relief.
We also host self catering accommodation on North Wald. North Wald Cottage, a two bedroomed, self catering, traditional Orkney Cottage, and North Wald Caravan, a self catering, two berth static caravan.
Hopefully I will get the knack of this quickly and life on North Wald will unfold before you.

No comments:

Post a Comment