Wednesday 11 December 2013

Don't you just love cats!


Our great little mouser at North Wald
Lily Cat


Dear Lily

It is with great reticence that I write this letter of complaint. You have always been a great little pet, if a little withdrawn and aloof at times. I must admit your mousing abilities are just a joy to behold and second to none, you even out shine Cheeky, although to be fair she is quite an old lady now. You must single pawedly be reducing the rodent population on Orkney by an incredible amount.

However, while on that subject I feel I must complain on both my behalf and Sadies. Last night was a very unpleasant experience for us all. To be awoken by the extremely loud squealing of your last victim was bad enough but did you have to continue to play with it causing it to continue squealing loud enough to wake the dead, for a prolonged period of time. It kept me awake and disturbed Sadie no end who also felt the need to keep nudging me to inform me of your errant and disturbing behaviour.  Perhaps if you had not chased the poor little thing round and round her bed she might have been able to settle back down in peace.  I must admit I had no idea such a little thing could make such a loud noise and I was at first concerned you had decided to bring a rather larger animal, of the rodent persuasion, into our bedroom.

To top it all off I must protest vehemently at the fact that you then allowed said mouse to run under our wardrobe and you have made no effort whatsoever  to extricate it from its supposed place of safety.

I am writing this letter in the hope that you will hear our pleas and will not repeat your disgraceful behaviour again. I hold out little hope of you paying the slightest attention to our wishes but if you can find it in your little heart to allow us to get a good nights sleep tonight we would really appreciate it.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Your substitute Mistress


Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment